Things about Jeddah you may not know
Written by Foad
- Jeddah is a 3000 years old city
- It is said that our glorious mother “Eve” died and buried in Jeddah
- Scholars didn’t agree on the origin of the city name. The known opinions:
- Jeddah: in reference to a Quda’ah tribal leader Mr. jeddah bin Jirm bin Rayan
- Joddah: which means the “seacoast”
- Jaddah: which means “grandmother” in reference to our glorious mother Eve
- Jeddah streets conditions are so poor that it will make you regret buying a new car
- One of Jeddah famous previous mayors retired from his position with a fortune in billions of Riyals. How? He even gave away 3 Million Riyals to Egyptian universities and big fat zero back to Jeddah.
- Jeddah slogan “Jeddah is different” is credit to a poet named Talal Hamza.
- Jeddah is cool. It could be in a much better shape only if…
hmmm, what else?